PNWCI Online Workshop
This summer, the Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute will hold their annual conducting workshop online. All events will be held via Zoom video conferences.
Session topics to include:
- Basic Baton Conducting Techniques and Baton Exercises
- Applying Conducting Techniques to the Tricky Spots (See repertoire list below)
- Leadership skills – On and Off the Podium
- “What I wished I knew before becoming a conductor”
- Working with soloists and the protocol – from youth to professional soloists
- Programming, Repertoire, EDI (Equity/Diversity/Inclusion)
- How to approach Score Reading, Marking the Score, Rehearsal Scheduling through the Concert
- Business of Conducting / Applying for Jobs, Resumes and Interviewing
- Career Guidance and Which Direction? Academia, Performance, Youth, Community, Professional
- Beyond the Orchestra – Conducting for Film, Theater, Opera, Ballet
- Developing Opportunities in the Age of Covid-19 (Programming, Audience Engagement, Musician Concerns)
- Happy Hour Networking will be a chance for relaxed, interactive time to exchange ideas with fellow conductors.
For more information or to register visit: https://www.sowhidbey.com/pnwci.html